Tuesday 11 December 2012

UPDATE: Sardine? Hold the estrogen



Some of you may have read my post from a while ago extolling the virtues of sardines.  I had mentioned that the one downside of sardines was that the can linings likely have bisphenol-A in them, which is a xeno-estrogen and an endocrine disruptor. 

Well, thankfully, I already have two beautiful kids, who I’m sure would still love me even if the chemicals in daddy’s sardines cause him to develop boobs.  However, for those who still hope to procreate further, I stumbled across a BPA-free option:




Now these aren’t cheap.  I think they cost me about $3.50 a can, which is about 2.5 – 3 times the price of conventionally-packaged ones.  The ‘hobo’ cache might be a little diminished by that fact.  But, in the grand scheme of things, they’re still a pretty economical and healthy meal.

Now I recommend that, if you do go this route, you turn it into a nice upscale experience.  Put on a tie, light a couple of candles, get out the nice napkins.  I like to throw on a little Vivaldi and repeat over and over to myself what a special little snowflake I am. 

Bon appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment